Gravatar

Check out Gravatar! A very interesting concept of creating a persistent avatar that can be used with other web services:

In my early days at LLNL my co-workers called me "alpha geek" cause I am fairly knowledgable about a lot of software development and technical topics. I used to do ontology modeling with Stanford's Protege project and have always enjoyed the protege nerd that is their mascot. I "borrowed" him (I'm hoping he is under some sort of commons license) and twiddled him to match an idea I had to create the alpha geek. Mostly I wanted to make him look a little more like me so I shortened his glasses, put him in a T-shirt and put the greek alpha letter prominently in the middle. I then thought I don't claim to be a great teacher so I removed the pointer stick and replaced it with a thumbs up!

Here he is as my Gravatar. What do you think?

Comments :

0 comments to “Gravatar”

Post a Comment