Rudy Project - Sterling Helmet

Rudy Project - Sterling Helmet
By Tim Harsch on
.
Worth the price to go pro!
Rating: 5.0

I recently bought some cycling glasses from Rudy Project which came with a deal for a helmet as well. Per the deal I was able to get $100 off the Titanium Sterling helmet.


The deal was too good to pass up. I went from a $20 bottom of the line deal and never imagined getting a $200 helmet, and quite frankly wasn't sure there is much of a point. So, what? It'll be a little lighter right? How much difference can a few ounces make? It's not likely to make me go a lot faster is it? Well, that's mostly true. Although, after watching a few vids and reading up about it I saw that indeed, yes, for a pro-cyclist it is quite likely to help shave a few seconds off due to its increase in aero-dynamics and such. But, a few ounces shaved off a helmet does help provide for greater comfort. The two main things that impressed me, an average rider who doesn't compete, is the comfort. Those few ounces make a small difference in that department, but it is the head band in the helmet and the increased ventilation that really add up to make the helmet much more comfortable. I'm glad I got the deal, and glad I got the helmet. Having went from the bottom end of the spectrum on up to this was worth money, and in retrospect I could have paid full price and still been happy.

Happy Cycling!

Comments :

0 comments to “Rudy Project - Sterling Helmet”

Post a Comment